So, in the middle of winter, we both decided ~ lets take some cake decorating lessons! On we go, hand in hand... I tell you it really makes a lot of difference having someone with you ~ the classes are so much more fun - you egg each other on - I get so much encouragement even when my rose looked like a chopped pinecone than a flower... you also get to borrow from each other things that you forgot to bring to class and you kinda have someone to be excited about it with you!
After our 1st round of lessons - which is Cake decorating basics, this was my final cake -
From afar, it really looks quite cute... the flowers at the bottom are my cabbage-looking roses! Obviously needing more practice..
Next set of lessons were about flowers and cake design... we were taught how to pipe different kinds of flowers, my favorite are the apple blossoms and made like thousands of them! We also practiced on roses (mine looked like pinecones..), violets, lilies, and more...
I haven't taken a slice and tried my cake yet... I hope its good! LOL
Next up - Fondant and Gumpaste class.... Cake boss ~ here we come...


No comments:
Post a Comment